COVID-19 Adopotion Policy
Due to the pandemic. Adoptions are by appointment only. Our doors are closed to the public otherwise. If you are interested in adopting a pet from the Animal Adoption Foundation, you must first complete an adoption application. You can do so by clicking on the button below. Due to the volume of applications, it may take a day or two to process your application and we appreciate your patience.
Once your application has been approved, you will be notified and we will schedule an appointment.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for opting to adopt.
ADOPT A PET
Dogs are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on vaccinations, heartworm tested, and microchipped. Most dogs are available for our Trial Adoption program, allowing a one-week trial to determine if the dog is a good fit for your home. AAF pets receive individualized care and socialization from volunteers and interns.
Cats are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on vaccinations, Leukemia and FIV tested, and microchipped. Kittens are socialized by foster care volunteers and may be returned to AAF for a free microchip if they are younger than 6 months at time of adoption. AAF pets receive individualized care and socialization from volunteers and interns.
- We suggest bringing the entire family (including canine members) to the shelter to meet potential new family members.
- Your family will be given quality time to get to know and bond with potential new family members.
- During this time, our adoption volunteers will be eager to answer any questions you may have about bringing a new pet into your home.
- Volunteers will informally interview the family through conversations and a questionnaire in effort to ensure a good home for our animals.
- After the interview phase, an adoption contract is signed by the adopters. Then, you may take home your new family member.
- People currently living in rental property must bring a copy of their lease agreement prior to adopting an animal.
Pet Adoption Hours:
Regular Pet Adoption Hours
Tuesday - Friday 4:00-7:00 p.m. and
Saturday and Sunday 1:00-4:00 p.m.
$135.00- Most Dogs
$150.00- Puppies under 5 months old
$60.00- Cats and kittens over 5 months old
Accepted Forms of Payment:
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. We also accept cash. We do not accept checks.
Note: The fees listed above help to cover the costs of spaying or neutering, vaccinations, microchip, preventative treatments and daily food and water requirements. Since we are a non-profit organization, our only financial support comes from community support and adoption fees.