The AAF typically has 85 cats and dogs for adoption in our facility. All of our adult cats and dogs are vet-checked, spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped.
- We suggest bringing the entire family (including canine members) to the shelter to meet potential new family members.
- Your family will be given quality time to get to know and bond with potential new family members.
- During this time, our adoption volunteers will be eager to answer any questions you may have about bringing a new pet into your home.
- Volunteers will informally interview the family through conversations and a questionnaire in effort to ensure a good home for our animals.
- After the interview phase, an adoption contract is signed by the adopters and an AAF adoption volunteer you may then take home your new family member.
- People currently living in rental property must bring a copy of their lease agreement prior to adopting an animal.
Tuesday - Friday 4:00-7:00 p.m. and
Saturday and Sunday 1:00-4:00 p.m. or by appointment during the week
$135.00- Most Dogs
$85.00- Kittens $60.00- Cats and kittens over 5 months old
Accepted Forms of Payment: We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. We also accept cash. We do not accept checks.
Note: The fees listed above help to cover the costs of spaying or neutering, vaccinations, microchip, preventative treatments and daily food and water requirements. Since we are a non-profit organization, our only financial support comes from community support and adoption fees.